Outreach High School is an alternative school that provides high school courses in an informal, friendly and flexible learning environment. Outreach serves high school students, as well as adult learners. Students build their own programs from Alberta Education-approved correspondence courses and set their own long and short-term goals in order to complete the requirements for a high school diploma. Students work at their own pace and on their own schedule to complete high school courses. Outreach offers all core courses in Grades 10, 11 and 12, as well as Work Experience and other options.
Outreach is ideal for those students who:
- want to work extra courses into their high school schedule;
- need to work towards completing their high school diploma;
- require smaller group or one-on-one instruction;
- need flexibility in their high school timetables; or
- need to upgrade a previous course mark.
Outreach welcomes all high school age students (up to 19 years of age); students who have dropped out of school; students who must work to support themselves and cannot attend school regularly; single parents who need a high school education; adult students (20 years or older) who need high school credits; and students with medical problems.
For more information, visit the Outreach website.