Back to Policy Manual
G-110-AR: Educational Partnerships and Sponsorships
- Ethical Guidelines for Business - Education Partnerships, National Business and Education Centre
- Principals shall consult with the school council, parents, staff, and students (when appropriate) in the identification, development, and implementation of educational partnerships and sponsorships.
- The outcomes of all partnerships agreements and subsequent activities must serve to enhance the delivery of a quality experience for students, based on the principles of public education.
- When a school or the division enters into a partnership or sponsorship arrangement, the following shall be considered.
- The partnership is developed and structured in consultation with all partners.
- There is agreement to measure and evaluate partnership performance on a regular basis to make informed decisions.
- Partner organizations are Canadian owned, whenever possible.
- All sponsorship agreements require both the approval of the school principal or site-based administrator as well as the approval of the Superintendent or designate.
- All partnership agreements must be evaluated annually, in accordance with the terms and conditions specified in the partnership agreement.