Back to Policy Manual
E-120-AR: Learning Resources: Challenged
- B-150 Appeals
- C-640 Purchasing
- Teachers/other staff are to select and use learning resources in accordance with the following selection criteria. Learning resources are to:
- support and be consistent with the expected learner outcomes in authorized programs of study;
- be appropriate for the age, growth, development, learning interests and needs of the students for whom the resources are selected;
- provide a balanced view on controversial issues; and
- be consistent with Administration Regulation C-640, Purchasing.
- The principal is to ensure that staff is familiar with the selection criteria.
- The principal is responsible for ensuring that all learning resources used in the school are in keeping with the criteria for resource selection.