Back to Policy Manual
E-100.3-AR: Programming for Students - Outreach Programs
- Education Act: 3, 11(1)
- Outreach Programs Handbook
- The division has a responsibility to provide an alternative to traditional school programs for those students, who for a variety of reasons, find that traditional school programs and services do not meet their needs. The division supports Outreach school as a flexible program delivery model.
- The division Outreach School’s programming is consistent with the Outreach Programs Handbook (2009).
- The division Outreach School’s programming is primarily available to high school students and typically serves students aged 14 to 19.
- Students who are enrolling in their fourth and fifth year of high school are generally directed to enroll at Outreach.
- Whenever a student enrolls in Outreach School as well as another St. Albert Public School, the administrators of the schools involved will ensure the appropriate personnel coordinate the programming.
- Students enrolling in the Outreach school will be asked if they are enrolled in another school as well.