D-150-BR Appendix 1: Support Staff Growth, Supervision and Evaluation
SUPPORT STAFF CODE OF CONDUCT
- The staff member conducts his or herself in a manner that respects the dignity and rights of all persons without prejudice as to race, religious belief, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, place of origin or physical and/or mental disability.
- The staff member treats others with dignity and respect and is considerate of their circumstances.
- The staff member shall not divulge confidential or sensitive information received in the course of his/her duties to unauthorized personnel.
- Information that is critical to the well being of a student shall be reported immediately to the appropriate administrator.
- The support staff member shall not undermine the professional competence of another support staff member.
- The staff member addresses concerns to colleagues involved first, then follows the line of authority. (Note: This does not apply in the case of harassment, where the staff member may go directly to the appropriate administrator.)
- The staff member shall be an advocate for the school and the division in the community.
- Communication of student information to a parent must be done through the teacher/administrator or with the approval and/or direction of the teacher/administrator.
Notwithstanding the above, these guidelines do not take precedence over board policy or legal statutes.