D-120: Administrative Staff Appointments and Transfers
- Education Act: Sec 203, 204, 214.1
- College of Alberta School Superintendents (CASS) Act Sec. 17
- Teaching Profession Act Sec. 5
- Superintendent of Schools Regulation
- Professional Practice Competencies for School Leaders in Alberta
The Board of Trustees believes that its administrative staff, who are charged with the responsibility of identifying, recruiting and coaching school leaders, must select qualified individuals on the basis of their demonstrated skills, leadership potential and their commitment to the division’s mission and beliefs.
The Board of Trustees believes that the transfer of administrative staff within the division can serve to enhance the professional growth of staff members and, as a result, improve the quality of educational services for students. Accordingly, the Superintendent is authorized to transfer administrative staff between schools in order to facilitate the effective delivery of programs and services.