B-130: Role of Superintendent
- Education Act Sec. 222
- B-120, Delegation of Authority
The Superintendent is the Chief Executive Officer of the Board and the Chief Education Officer of the Division. The Superintendent reports directly to the corporate Board, and is accountable to the Board of Trustees for the conduct and operation of the division and will be responsible for implementing Board policies and directives. All Board delegated authority to the Superintendent will be guided by policy B-120, Delegation of Authority.
The Superintendent shall supervise the operation of schools and the provision of education programs in the division, including, but not limited to, the following:
- implementing education policies and directives established by the Minister of Education and/or for the Board;
- ensuring that students have the opportunity in the division to meet the standards of education set by the Minister and/or the Board;
- ensuring that the fiscal management of the division by the Treasurer or Secretary-Treasurer is in accordance with the terms or conditions of any grants received by the board under the Education Act or any other Act; and
- providing leadership in all matters relating to education in the division.