Bellerose Modernization & Addition
St. Albert Public Schools has received funding from the Government of Alberta for a modernization of and addition to Bellerose Composite High School.
- Bellerose opened in 1988 and is in need of upgrades.
- Our school division is experiencing rapid growth in our student population. This project is the second step in our plan to accommodate this enrollment growth at the high school level, as it will increase student capacity at Bellerose. The first step was the replacement Paul Kane High School project, which also gave us increased capacity; the third step will be a new high school, preferably in the northeast part of the city (we have not received approval or funding for this step).
- An addition to increase student capacity by 275 (approximately 3,100 m2)
- Upgrades to the electrical and mechanical systems
- Reconfiguration and/or removal of modular classrooms and portables
- Lighting upgrades
- Reconfiguration/upgrading of washroom spaces
- Modernization of certain areas and classrooms in the existing building
- Spring 2024: Currently in design phase
- Summer 2024: Construction to begin
- September 2026: Expected completion date
The budget is approximately $46 million.
For more information, contact:
Bellerose Composite High School: 780.460.8490
St. Albert Public Schools Division Office: 780.460.3712
Please note, these are conceptual design renderings which may be subject to change.