A-100: Division Mission and Beliefs
The St. Albert Public Board of Trustees is proud of its rich history and its record of providing students with the knowledge, skills and attributes, which enable them to become life-long learners and responsible citizens. To that end, the corporate board has adopted the following mission statement and core beliefs:
Through our commitment to excellence in public education, we strive to ensure all students become life-long learners, confident and capable of shaping their futures and meeting the challenges of today and tomorrow.
The St. Albert Public School Board is committed to public education and believes that:
- Our students’ learning is central to everything we do.
- It is a shared responsibility of the school community (students, staff, parents, and community members) to encourage all students to become respectful, responsible, global citizens who demonstrate tolerance and acceptance.
- By setting high expectations, students are challenged to achieve to their full potential.
- Schools must be safe and caring environments where students, staff and parents feel welcomed, connected, valued and respected.
- Public school education is the foundation of equal opportunity that recognizes and enhances the value and potential of all.
- Teacher/student relationship is central to student learning.
- Members of our school community have a shared responsibility and obligation to provide learners with optimum learning environment.