Registration is ongoing. During the school year, please contact individual schools for more information on registration. If you require registration information during the summer, please contact our District Office at email@example.com or 780.460.3712. Our district registration form is available here.
Please note, all students and their parents/guardians are required to sign the Student Acceptable Use of Technology form. To view this form for elementary students, please click here. To view the form for secondary students, please click here.
To view our Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) notification, please click here.
Students may also register:
- on the operational days immediately preceding the start of the new school term at the school they will be attending;
- during July through mid-August, at our district office at 60 Sir Winston Churchill Avenue; or
during early registration weeks in the spring of each year.
- please note that textbook rental fees and school fees are due at the time of registration.
- Kindergarten to Grade 9 students who have not pre-registered may register at the school they will be attending. Please contact the school for registration and/or orientation times.
- High school students who did not attend a St. Albert Public school last year, and/or have not pre-registered, can register at the high school they will be attending. All fees are due at this time. Contact individual schools for registration and/or orientation times.
What should we bring when we register?
- Kindergarten and Grade 1 students: please bring a birth certificate as proof of age. (To register for Grade 1, children must be six on or before the last day of February. To register for Kindergarten, children must be five on or before the last day of February).
- High school students: students registering for the first time should bring their previous year's final marks and their birth certificate.
Which school will my child attend?
- Students usually attend their neighbourhood schools. Click here to determine which school is in your neighbourhood.
- Because of special needs or alternative program options, it is sometimes necessary to send a child to another school for program purposes.
- Students may be permitted to enroll in other schools if space is available. Yellow bus service, however, would not be guaranteed to children attending a school other than their designated neighbourhood school.
Additional information is available from the principal of your neighbourhood school, call the District Administration Office at 780.460.3712 for a copy of the registration guide, or visit the neighbourhood schools section of this site.
Program service fees are levied for students whose parent(s) or guardian(s) live outside of Alberta. International students should read the International Student Application Procedures and must fill out the International Student Application Form.
Noon Hour Supervision
Students who wish to stay at school over the noon hour may do so. Schools are authorized by policy to establish user-pay noon hour supervision programs and to make regulations governing their operation. Please contact the school principal for specific details about the program to be used in your child's school.
Kindercare and Before-and-after-school Daycare Services
Programs are offered in district elementary schools by a number of daycare and preschool agencies.In addition, Kindercare services are also available in some district schools. Please call your school principal, SIGIS at 780.459.3635, St. Albert Daycare at 780.459.5380, or Little Einsteins Daycare at 780.460.0407 for information about programs and locations.
Drug Free Protocol
Code of Student Conduct
Working with students, staff, parents, and the community, St. Albert Public Schools has developed a Student Conduct Policy that will serve to promote a positive attitude and acceptable behaviour in our schools. The policy is in place to ensure that our students get the maximum benefit from their education in a safe and inviting environment. Parents play an important role in assisting teachers and principals in implementing our Student Conduct Policy. To view the Code of Student Conduct, please click here.
Microsoft 365 Deal for Students
District students are able to access Microsoft Office software for free. For details, please click here.
Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance
For your convenience, we have made arrangements for families to voluntarily purchase student accident insurance through the Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance program, underwritten by Industrial Alliance Pacific Insurance and Financial Services Inc. Kids Plus™ Accident Insurance offers protection against the unexpected costs of injury from accidents, and is especially valuable for families who:
- do not have medical or dental plans,
- have limited plans, as it may help supplement health and dental benefits, or
- have active children who enjoy sports and outdoor activities.